Submitted by Jacqui McGrath
Tzatziki is a Greek recipe that can be a wonderful side to a meat dish or can be served as a dip with crackers or pita bread.
Time required: 15 min.
- 2 tbsp.olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup Straus Organic Whole or Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- salt to taste (start with a pinch)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and deseeded and finely diced, or coarsely grated
- 1-1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint.
Beat oil, vinegar and garlic lightly in a bowl using a fork. Add the yogurt and salt and beat lightly until well mixed and smooth. Mix in the cucumber and mint. Chill until ready to eat.