Crispy Pecan Bars
Submitted by Heather Stoner Appleby
These delicious pecan bars bring a holiday feeling home on any given day of the year. Even the beginning baker will find this recipe easy to follow as simple, but quality ingredients come together for a delightful dessert. One of our 2012 Facebook Holiday Dessert Recipe Contest winners!
Time required: 40 min. active
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup Straus Organic Lightly Salted Butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Straus Organic Lightly Salted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup bourbon simple syrup
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves
Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make crust, beat all ingredients at mediums speed until fine crumbs form.
- Gently press into a greased 10x15" baking dish.
- Blind-bake 20 minutes or until light brown.
- To prepare filling, combine all ingredients except for pecans until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot crust and bake 30 for an additional minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut in squares.
Serve with Straus Organic Whipping Cream.