Chilled Cucumber Soup
Submitted by Straus Family Creamery
Healthy, light and refreshing, our chilled cucumber soup combines the delicious flavors of mint, yogurt, and cucumber of course. Perfect for a hot summer day!
Time required: 30 min.
- 2 1/2 cup seedless cucumbers (if available), peeled
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups Straus Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large red radishes, cut into 1/4-inch dice, for garnish
Slice the two cucumbers into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Cut the remaining 1/2 cucumber into 1/4-inch dice; reserve. To the cucumber slices, add the garlic, broth, 3 cups yogurt, 3/4 cup mint leaves and lemon juice. Process well in a blender or food processor until smooth. Remove to a bowl.
Whisk in the remaining cup of yogurt and the remaining 1/4 cup mint leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, combine the reserved diced cucumber and the diced radishes, the divide equally among 4 bowls. Ladle the soup into the bowls atop the vegetables. Serve immediately.