Cheese Bread Pudding
Submitted by Emory Davis
This makes a great holiday breakfast or a side dish at dinner.
Time required: 30 min. active
- 2 cups stale bread, cubed
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese (Medium or Sharp)
- 1-1/2 cups Straus Milk (any variety)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Straus Butter, melted (salted or unsalted)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Butter a 1-quart ROUND baking dish. Layer half the bread cubes in the dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining bread cubes and cheese.
Beat remaining ingredients together and pour over bread and cheese. Let stand one hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking dish in a 9"x13" pan and pour water into pan to a depth of one inch. Place pans in oven and bake one hour. Pudding should be puffy and golden.