POSITION TITLE: Plant Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
The Plant Engineer ensures the delivery of engineering services to our current locations. He/she provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity and minimizing labor and overhead costs, as well as minimizing milk, ingredient and packaging waste while assuring highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs maintenance of plant buildings and coordinates requirements for new designs, surveys, and maintenance schedules for equipment and machinery
- Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation.
- Collaborates with plant management and corporate staff to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Designs, specifies and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on-budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Develops, reports and analyzes key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create and implement corrective actions
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Shares “best practices” within the Maintenance Department.
- Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Other duties as requested
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or General Engineering discipline
- 5 or more years of supervisory or leadership experience, preferably in a food manufacturing or dairy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems as well as gas systems, liquid propane, boilers and refrigeration;
- Working knowledge of PLC (Programmable Logic Controls)
- Experience in the implementation or management of a CMMS program (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- May utilize Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) to develop alternative design
- Capital improvements and budget management experience
- Waste water and waste treatment knowledge and experience
- Understanding of purchasing requirements and experience working with national contracts
- Highly effective leadership and coaching skills, with a proven ability in coaching and developing othersA dynamic personality style with the ability and willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement
- Dairy and/or liquid processing & ammonia refrigeration experience preferred
- PSM (Process Safety Management) and good understanding of process control Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships at all levels and maintain a positive working environment
- Solid computer, planning and problem-solving skills are a must
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to work any shift and weekends to support 24/7 operation of the facility
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Extended periods of standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and stooping, turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, hands, and fingers. – Repetitive at times
- The senses of being able to see, hear and have full power of speech are required
- The ability to climb and balance is essential
- Ability to work at high elevations (i.e., rooftops, tops of tanks)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work around farm animals
- Temperatures range from -10 to 100 degrees
- Working in cold, wet, humid environments
- Ability to work in high allergen environments
- Noise produced by manufacturing machinery up to 90 decibels
- Ability to lift, hold and/or carry heavy objects up to 50 lbs unassisted
We offer a fun, dynamic, multi-cultural and environmentally thoughtful workplace. You will find that our benefits package is better than competitive and includes medical, dental and vision plans, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan with employer match.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org