Merchandiser - San Diego Area
POSITION TITLE: Merchandiser - San Diego Area
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
SUPERVISOR: Director of Sales
Straus Family Creamery, an environmentally conscious organic dairy and creamery in Marin County, is looking for a full-time merchandiser (32/hr wk) to service various accounts in San Diego. The merchandiser will act as a liaison between Straus and individual retail accounts. No Saturdays or Sundays required.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Visiting a set number of stores as assigned
- Building a rapport and maintain cooperative working relationship with retail in-store buyers and decision makers
- Driving approximately 500 miles a week servicing accounts
- Performing store audits indicating which Straus products are on the shelf, number of facings, price etc.
- Stocking shelves with Straus products, rotating and fronting products as needed
- Placing point-of-sale materials and coupons as needed
- Reporting regularly to the Director of Sales via phone and e-mail; compiling weekly reports
- Lifting and moving heavy crates of product in walk-in coolers
- Reordering product for store as necessary
- Suggesting additional Straus Items to store buyer
This position REQUIRES all of the following:
- One year’s experience in sales
- One year’s experience in the retail food industry (Organic industry a plus!)
- Reliable insured car with valid drivers license
- Being an early starter (must be out the door by 7am)
- Use of a personal cell phone
- Daily access to computer with Internet access, Excel, email and printer
- Outgoing personality
- Passion for quality organic dairy products
- The ability to lift 30 pounds in a cold box environment
- Fluent in English and able to read and write in English as well.
This position pays a competitive hourly wage and offers mileage reimbursement and benefits. No overtime.
To apply for this job, please paste your cover letter and resume in the body of your email and send it to email@example.com. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS.